Assembly was fairly straightforward, except for one item: The spring-loaded button (lockout) was not round so it couldn't be pressed into the hole(s) of the pole to lock it in place. I was sent a replacement pole but I sent it back because it had the same design flaw. To correct the problem and make the button round, my husband ground the sides of the button where the slits are located. That solved the problem. The button works fine, now.
*** Just an addendum from PraiseBanners: We did have a batch of T-poles that were not manufactured correctly. We have found the problem and replaced bad poles with new ones. Thanks so much for your patience! We always strive to give our customers the very best in quality and service.